Saturday 23 April 2011

Inspire me: South Africa.

I find that the looks I enjoy doing the most are ones that are inspired by things/events/places/people that I care about. Today I was missing a certain someone from South Africa, and since its one of my favorite places on this planet, I used their colorful flag as a base and just went from there!


And this is the final product :) (lol I just noticed my soccer ball bank peeking into the pic, coincidence much?)

Primer: MUFE HD primer
Foundation: MUFE HD foundation in 110
Concealer: MAC Select cover up in NC20
Powder: MUFE HD powder


 I used face paint from mehron as a base for the white red and black, The gold/yellow green and blue are aqua cream from MUFE in 11, 22 and 21.
I then used the BHcosmetics 120 palette first edition shadows to seal in the bases and intensify the colours. I also used a brown shadow to darken and fill in my brows.
Nose is slightly contoured with light brown shadow and matte brown blush for contouring the cheeks.
A nice thick coat of mascara and tightline/waterline the eyes with a black liner :)





So since the whole look isn't exactly wearable other than at some crazy sport event, I decided to do a much more wearable interpretation to wear out. Green, blue and yellow on the eyes and a matte orange-red lipstick ( Annabelle cosmetics Rouge Velours in 220)

I also "made" the headband from a bracelet that I got as a gift on my visit there, since the clasp had broken and I still obviously love it. It's a great way to recycle jewelry that broke or you lost a part of it!  Simply used glue and a headband and voila! A new awesome accessory!
 Tasha. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment