Monday 5 March 2012

Inspire Me: Tim Burton

Tim Burton's take on stories has always fascinated me. The twisted beauty that he creates is just breathtaking and always makes one think of a different perspective. I pulled inspiration from this for the look I did tonight. Hope you enjoy!






I think it looks very Edward Scissorhands.

Believe it or not I used a bright neon pink cream shadow for the base on my eyes. Transforming a color through adding and serious blending is a great to add versatility to your skills and makes fewer colors go a very long way. Try using a yellow with a brown, or like I did a bright pink with a black to create multi-dimensional colors that give great effects on camera. 

Also remember that when doing makeup with the intention of taking pictures, alot of it gets drowned out by the flash. In the pictures above, I used flash with only one of them, to really show more of the color. But the contouring and most of the color can be seen because I used a ton of it. Exaggerating the contouring makes it come to life, otherwise it just doesn't show up on camera! 

No comments:

Post a Comment