Wednesday 4 May 2011

From Daytime Simple to Nightime Smoky Burst of Color

Going from day to night need not be complicated. Since you already have a great base to work with, all you have to do is reapply a little powder if your skin tends to get oily and intensify the eyes.

So I started with a really simply look, usual primer/foundation/concealer/powder, with a little bit of bronzer, a clean winged liquid liner and mascara. Defined my brows with a pencil that just a bit darker than my natural hair color.

QUICK TIP:
When applying liquid liner, start with the middle of your eye, using shorter consistent strokes is easier and gives a better result than trying to do it in one swipe.


Since I was really feeling a smoky eye look, but didn't really want it to be too harsh (Lately I've really been gravitating towards more color, has alot to do with summer around the corner :) ) So I made it popn even more with a bright blue base.
 All I did was use a waterproof creme base in bright blue on the whole lis into the crease and on my lower lash line than sealed it with a sky blue shadow on the center of my lid then a metallic blue on the outer part. Next I mixed a true black with a dark royal blue for the crease and blended like crazy.  Then onto highlighting the inner corner and brow bone and blending it slightly into the colors to avoid harsh edges.

I also tend to darken my brows for evening looks, it frames the face better so that the intense shadows don't overwhelm the face.


I also contoured my face more and added a nude lipstick to complete the look!


QUICK TIP:
To get a nice sharp edge to your shadow, get a small piece of tape and apply it to the back of your hand to get rid of some of the sticking power then apply it at an angle to the side of your eye.



Don't be afraid to use colors! They make your makeup unique and vibrant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment